We do not, and will not, transfer, pass or sell any bit of your personal information to other companies for marketing or other purposes.
Personal Data Collection
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, such as your delivery address, email or phone number;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We make every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, we – the Company – do not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warn our users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet. Our Site may include links to other web sites or other internet sources. As the Company cannot control these web sites and external sources, the Company cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these web sites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services or any other material available on or from these web sites or external sources.
Management of personal data
You can view or edit your personal data online for many of our services. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which services you use. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from our store by email or not. If you receive promotional email from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain store services
Information we collect
Our store collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a personal account. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our services by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. The data we collect depends on the services and features you use. For example, we offer a Guest Checkout, which is as safe as a Registered User checkout but provide a bit quicker way of purchasing products from us.
How we use your information
Our store uses the data we collect for three basic purposes: to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the services we offer, to send communications, including promotional communications, and to display advertising. In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect through the various store services you use to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. However, to enhance privacy, we have built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address or phone number.
We may use your personal data to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website use or order you placed.
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. MG Retail Ltd will store all the personal data you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log in to the website.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Cross-border Data Transfers
Information that MG Retail Ltd collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable the use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee. Please enclose a check of £10 (ten pounds) payable to MG Retail Ltd
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. A copy of any document showing your full name and postal address would be sufficient. We will destroy it once your identity had been verified.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Privacy Statement Update
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
This website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by MG Retail Ltd. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. MG Retail Ltd provides these links for your convenience and as an additional information only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by filling the contact form “Drop us a line” which can be found at the bottom of every page or by post to 90 Paston Ridings, Peterborough, PE4 7UX, Cambs, United Kingdom.