HERBAL HAIR COLORANTS
- Contain plant ingredients to colour and nurture the hair.
- Do not penetrate the hair shaft, they sit on the surface of the hair, filling in any gaps in the hairs structure and acting as a glaze around each individual hair strand.
- After using the hair appears stronger and has an incomparable shine and lustre.
- Do not contain any peroxides, preservatives, synthetic fragrances or colour boosters.
CHEMICAL HAIR COLORANTS
- May contain ammonia, peroxide, colour boosters and preservatives.
- During the colouring process the ammonia opens the outer layer of the hair shaft (cuticle) to enable the hair colour to penetrate the inner section of the hair (cortex). The peroxide then develops the colour before closing the cuticle.
- After the colouring process the hair cuticles may not lay flat causing the hair to look dull and loose shine.
- Repeatedly using chemical hair colorants can damage the hair cuticle leaving it dry, dull and vulnerable to the environment (pollution, heat styling, shampooing).
WHY DOES HERBAL HAIR COLOUR FADE?
Most herbal hair colours fade slightly over time, however in some cases (e.g. porous hair) Indigo fades faster than usual. The reason for this is that Indigo does not make a permanent bond with the hair and using harsh shampoos can lift the hair cuticle, exposing the hair cortex allowing the Indigo to slip off the hair. Adding salt (one teaspoon per 100g of Herbal Hair Colour is recommended) to the Black mixture can help prevent colour fade.
CAN HERBAL HAIR COLOURS BE USED ON CHEMICALLY COLOURED HAIR?
Herbal Hair Colours can be used on chemically coloured hair however you must do a strand test before use as the end hair colour cannot be guaranteed. Hair will be left shiny and healthy looking, however any damage that has been caused by the chemical dye will not be repaired by the use of a herbal hair colour.
Plant-Based Hair colour can also be used on permed hair, however it is advised that this is carried out by a qualified hairdresser.
CAN HERBAL HAIR COLOURS BE REMOVED?
Once used Herbal Hair Colours are permanent and will grow out with the hair, they may fade slightly over time but they cannot be removed from the hair.
WHY DO YOU USE BLACK TEA WHEN MIXING HERBAL HAIR COLOURS?
Black Tea is used to improve the intensity and durability of the Herbal Hair Colour.
WILL HERBAL HAIR COLOURS DRY OUT THE HAIR?
In some cases hair may feel dry after colouring with herbal hair colours, there are many reasons for this:
- Herbal hair colours can neutralise the hairs natural oils leaving the hair feeling dry.
- The more damaged the hair the more nutrients will be absorbed and this may make the hair feel drier and straw like.